June 6, 2017
Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts, Brantford
Both the PhD, and MEd graduates will sit in a designated seating area reserved for PhD, and MEd graduates. Nipissing University and Wilfrid Laurier University convocation traditions have been combined into one joint ceremony.
Regalia & Ticketing Information:
PhD Degree candidates
Will be emailed information regarding regalia information.
MEd Degree candidates
Master’s Degree candidates are not required to pay a Regalia Rental fee for the use of gowns and hoods.
Updated 2017 information will be available shortly.
Nipissing Name Cards:
A pre-printed Nipissing name card will be given to you upon arrival. The Reader will read your name from this name card when you cross the stage. If you wish to make phonetic changes to the name as it appears on the card, please indicate changes or phonetic spelling on this card.
- Be organized alphabetically before crossing the stage (exception to award winners)
- Be given their MEd hoods prior to the procession (do not drop your hood!)
- Fold the hood over their RIGHT arm
- Present their name card to the Reader who will announce their name
- Be hooded and congratulated by the Chancellor.
- When approaching the hooder, extend the RIGHT arm with the MEd hood to facilitate hooding.
- You must return your hood in order to collect your degree (the cost for losing a hood is $100.00)
- Your gown must also be returned
- Both your gown and hood will be returned to the Wilfrid Laurier Bookstore.
Proudly display your degree with a custom Nipissing University degree frame.
Proceeds from sales of Nipissing frames are used to support on-going student programs and initiatives.
Frames are available for purchase in the Research and Academic Centre following the Convocation Ceremony.
Where do I meet my guests following the ceremony?
Graduates will exit the Sanderson Centre through the rear doors on Darling Street. Guests will exit via the main doors on Dalhousie Street. We encourage you to arrange a meeting place in advance. Tell your guests to join us at RAC for a light reception.